Please read these Product Terms & Conditions carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law and set out the terms under which NationwideBathrooms.com makes items available to you via NationwideBathrooms.com.
[Purchases are also subject to General Terms & Conditions, please click here for these.]
1. Descriptions, prices and product information
Items on our web site are shown as accurately as possible. Despite this, slight variations in colour and appearance may occur due to technical limitations. We take great care to reproduce product descriptions and specifications provided by manufacturers accurately, but errors may occur. We will not be responsible for any errors or omissions. If there is anything which is unclear, or if you wish to obtain further information, please contact Customer Services on 0845 095 5000 between 9.00am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
The price of an item does not include the delivery charge, which will depend on the delivery method you choose. The rate applicable for the delivery charge will be calculated at the date you place your order.
We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you. Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown are accurate at the time you place your order. Provided that your order has not already been delivered, then if within 14 days of accepting your order a pricing error is found in respect of any or all of the goods you have ordered, we will notify you as soon as possible detailing the mis-priced goods and offer you the option of:-
- placing a new order at the correct price for those goods;
- cancelling the whole of your order; or
- cancelling your order for the mis-priced goods and reconfirming your order for the correctly priced goods
If, within 7 days of receipt of our notice to you, you have not responded by selecting one of the available options above then:
- if all of the goods you have ordered are found to be mis-priced the entire order will be cancelled automatically and we will refund or re-credit you for any sum you have paid for those goods; or
- If only some of the goods you have ordered are found to be mis-priced, we will deliver the correctly priced goods but we will not be obliged to supply you with the mis-priced goods. In these circumstances we will refund or re-credit you for any sum you have paid for the mis-priced goods.
In the event that a pricing error is found by us, then the above options shall only apply if your order delivery has not been completed.
If for any other reason beyond our reasonable control we are unable to supply a particular item, an alternative product may be offered or you will not charged /refunded for that product, we will not be liable for any additional costs that may be incurred.
Some items are only available to purchasers above a certain age.
3. Bulk buy policy
To ensure availability of all our products, customers may be limited to a maximum number of items.
4. Payment and acceptance
Payment can be made using a credit or debit card. We are able to accept MasterCard, Visa, Maestro, Delta, Solo or Visa Electron although we reserve the right to vary these from time to time without notice.
If you purchase a product from nationwidebathrooms.com on the phone or online you will be charged for that product at the time of ordering.
Orders to businesses and business addresses will be deamed as Busines to Business transactions and as such the Distance Selling Regulations do not apply.
Orders collected from one of our stores or warehouses provide you with the ability to inspect the goods and as such the Distance Selling Regulations do not apply.
Delivery will be made to the address specified when you complete the order.
Please note we only deliver to addresses within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
We use a variety of delivery methods, depending on the size of the item you order and the speed with which you wish to receive it. Some items are delivered directly by the supplier and the supplier will contact you to arrange delivery.
We aim to deliver the majority of your larger sized items that we have to you within 14 working days for most UK postcodes. On certain items there is a longer lead time which is up to 30 days unless other time period specified. For orders that are delivered direct to you by our suppliers, after placing your order they will contact you to arrange a delivery date that is convenient to you.
A signature may sometimes be required at delivery. By placing an order you are authorising us to accept a signature from an adult at the delivery address or neighboring property on your behalf should you not be available at the time of delivery.
For some products that do not require a signature at delivery you may be able to give instructions explaining if and where you would like the product to be left if no one is present at the time of delivery, such as with a neighbour.
Ownership of a product will not pass to you until we have delivered the product to you (either directly, or by leaving it in a safe place or with a neighbour or where you have signed for it when using the In Store Collection option). This is when the contract between you and us will be deemed to have concluded. Once a product is delivered, responsibility for risk of damage to or loss of the product passes to you.
We also use third party delivery companies which may, at their discretion, leave a product in a safe place if no one is present at the time of delivery. In these circumstances the delivery company will put a card through your letter box explaining where the product has been left.
By Signing for items delivered by a courier you are confirming receipt of the items in good condition and as such will be unable to claim for any damages. If you are unable to check your items before signing ensure you sign for the goods stating 'Unchecked'.
All Shortages or Damages must be reported by completing the appropriate form at www.nationwide-bathrooms.co.uk/support/ within 3 days of delivery.
We strongly advise you not to book a plumber until you have received all your items and had the opportunity to check for shortages and damages.
Subject to the other provisions of these conditions we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and similar loss), costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the Products.
We shall have no further liability under the Contract if, for any reason, you fail to accept delivery of any of the Products when they are ready for delivery, or we are unable to deliver your order on time due to health and safety risks.
6. Cancellation of order
If you order using NationwideBathrooms.com you have the right to cancel your order up to 7 days following the receipt of an item under the Distance Selling Regulations providing none of the items are bespoke items, special order items or refired sanitaryware. see section 13. Please visit www.nationwide-bathrooms.co.uk/support/.
If the item(s) have not been dispatched we will cancel the order and we will refund payment in accordance with our refund policy in section 7 below. If the item(s) have been dispatched to you and we are unable to stop the delivery, you can refuse to sign for the delivery so that the item(s) are returned to us and we will refund in accordance with our refund policy in section 7 below. If you have arranged to collect an item from a store we will automatically cancel the order if you do not collect the item within 14 days from the date notified to you when you placed your order and will refund you in accordance with our refund policy in section 7 below. Alternatively,
if you have already taken delivery or collected from in-store please follow the procedure under 'Non-faulty items' in section 8 below.
Sometimes you may not be able to part cancel an order. If this is the case, Customer Services will explain this to you.
7. Refund policy
If you are entitled to a refund, we will refund you as follows:
- If you paid by cash and obtain your refund in-store, we will refund you in cash up to a limit of £2,000; for all other refunds of cash purchases, we will send you a cheque;
- if you paid by payment card, we will refund you on the payment card;
- We will only refund the delivery charge for orders cancelled under the Distance Selling regulations or when authorised as faulty.
- Goods returned not covered by the Distance Selling regulations or authorised as faulty will be subject to a restocking charge, this will vary depending on product.
- Return of non faulty goods are subject to the customer paying for the transportation of the items back to ourselves.
8. Returns instructions
We hope that you will be happy with your purchase but should you wish to return or exchange an item please follow the instructions below.
- 8.1 Non-faulty items
Please let us know if you wish to return an item within 7 days of receipt by following the instructions at www.nationwide-bathrooms.co.uk/support/. Only some items can be returned to a store so please do check.?Please note that your right to return an item under the Distance Selling Regulations does not apply to certain items unless the item has a manufacturing fault (in which case see section 8.2 below). Such items include:
- flat pack furniture that has been partially or fully assembled; and
- items which have been installed.
- Bespoke Items and Refired Sanitary Ware
- Toilet Seats (for obvious Hygiene Reasons)
- You are required to take reasonable care of items. Please return an item with all of its components, we will offer you a refund in accordance with our refund policy in section 7 above.
- If an item is returned undamaged in its original and undamaged packaging, we will offer you a refund in accordance with our refund policy in section 7 above. If you do not return the item as instructed within 7 days of cancellation, we will make a charge in respect of the cost of recovering (or attempting to recover) the item. If you do not return an item after our reasonable attempts to recover it, you will be deemed to have accepted the item, at which point a new purchase contract will be made and you will be charged for your order at the price then set out on the Site. None Faulty goods which are returned will be subject to a restocking charge, this will vary depending on product. Return of non faulty goods are subject to the customer paying for the transportation of the items back to ourselves. If you would like Nationwide Bathrooms to collect any items, we offer a collection service for UK Mainland at a cost of £49.99 per collection attempt.
- 8.2. Faulty items. Some products are provided with a manufacturers 12 month warranty, however if a fault is caused by misuse, negligence or accident then it may not be covered by the manufacturers warranty and therefore any repair will be chargeable. If you have any problems with your purchase we can offer help and assistance. Please call Customer Services on 0845 095 5000. If we arrange for an item to be repaired, please also send a copy of the invoice which accompanied delivery. Failure to show that you have purchased the item from us may result in the repair becoming chargeable. (If a repair is chargeable, we will tell you in advance.) Repair turnaround time is dependant on the relevant manufacturer's current workload. We will not accept any claims for losses you suffer during this time.?If a fault is caused by accident, misuse or negligence, or it occurs outside the warranty period, it will not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Service estimates for an item not covered by the manufacturer's warranty will be chargeable. An estimate will be emailed (or sent to you by post if we do not have an email address for you) and confirmation of acceptance is required within 10 days. Where such acceptance is not received, the item will be returned not repaired and a charge may be payable.?All warranty repairs will be returned to you at the cost of NationwideBathrooms.com.
- Any item returned without following our procedures and receiving the appropriate authorisation will be subject to a £49.99 administration fee.
- Nothing in this section 8 affects your statutory rights.
You can pay by cash*, cheque (with a suitable guarantee card)*, Mastercard or Visa credit card, Maestro, Switch, Solo or Delta debit card. We unfortunately cannot accept any other type of card, e.g. Visa Electron.
Your credit/debit card details will be encrypted by the NationwideBathrooms.com Site to minimise the possibility of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Authority for payment must be given at the time of order and your card will be charged for the full order value. If there is a problem taking payment for all or part of your order we will contact you by email (or by telephone if you have not given us an email address).
11. Our responsibility to you
If we are in breach of these Terms & Conditions, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you make the relevant order. Our products are for personal use only and our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
This paragraph 11 shall not limit or affect our liability resulting from any products sold being found to be unsafe or if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
Our liability to you in connection with any order will not exceed the total price charged for the items.
You may not transfer any of your rights under these Product Terms & Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Product Terms & Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
If you breach these Product Terms & Conditions and we choose to ignore this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these Product Terms & Conditions.
We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Product Terms & Conditions caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
When ordering from the NationwideBathrooms.com Site we accept orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, for example, 3.0 version or higher of Explorer and versions 3.02 or higher of Netscape. This means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection.
These Product Terms & Conditions are subject to English law. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
13. Bespoke Items & Special Orders
Bespoke Items / Special Orders include but are not limited to the following:
- Any product on our website with an expected delivery timescale in excess of our standard 7-10 working days.
- Sanitaryware with optional logo printing.
- All Products from Sanitan.
- All Whirlpool Systems.
- Radiators / Towel Rails with none standard colours (If you are unsure if the colour you have chosen is none standard please call)
- Bespoke Shower Enclosures.
- Shower Enclosures with optional Glass Finishes i.e. EasyClean.
- Sanitaryware with optional Coatings i.e. Duravit Wondergliss.
14. Customer Services
If you have any queries, please contact us.
NationwideBathrooms.com is owned and operated by Galco Enterprises Ltd T/A NationwideBathrooms.com , a company registered in England whose registered office is at:
NationwideBathrooms.com, DEB House, 19 Middlewoods Way, Wharncliffe Business Park, Carlton, Barnsley, S71 3HR.
Company Registration No. 4717909
VAT No. 853 1930 27
Last Updated: 01/09/2007